Sunday 19 April 2009

Taking my own advice...

Ah well the great new breeding plan failed at the first hurdle - The few spot mare I had bought in "Kadan White Dancer" sadly tested heterozygous grey which is no good when you are breeding spots so she had to go.  

I actually took my own advice for a change which is "if a horse doesn't do your job, price it so that it will sell quickly to someone who has a job for it, and move on,"  I am constantly amazed how many people ask us to sell their horses and despite them being vastly inferior to the horse they bought (no recent competition record, not in work, won't load, blemished - usually all four!) they always want more than they paid for it!! 

So Dancer was advertised as grey, her price adjusted accordingly and she left this morning to start her new career under saddle.  

You win some, you loose some, hey ho.

No comments: