Tuesday 22 September 2009

I've never liked the damn things!!!

Spent an enjoyable afternoon photographing the "four in a pen, commercial cow class" for Langholm show today, good excuse to mooch about farms and complain about the weather and the ground!!

First pen of cows was a bit of an adrenalin rush.  Big black cow was eyeing us up from the start and I noticed her being given a few wary looks.  Well she made a half hearted charge but backed off with a firm wallop with a walking stick.

The second charge, well I'd be lying if I said I really remember what happened.  I remember a shout of "she's coming" and I remember the gate chain being a little tricky and I remember being out of the pen, hiding behind a gate (all on my own-some!!!) and hearing the charge of hooves but no screaming so I felt it was safe to pop my head out and check everyone (who I didn't let hide behind "my" gate!) was safe, which they were (saving the constant dilemma of "if it has all got a bit exciting and you are holding onto the camera, should you take the shots?!!")

We all laughed a bit, got in the car and said "eh up, that was a bit close."  Then I took the rest of the photos from the other side of the fence!

I think it was the cow on the right, looks suspicious doesn't it?

No comments: