Saturday 19 January 2019

Fuerteventura (Part One)

Well last Saturday I flew out to Fuerteventura to see Muriel and Peter, my bungalow had been beautifully stocked up, chocolate, cheese, gin but I could see Muriel was ferreting about in the cupboards and looking worried.  In the morning I realised why, no coffee and then I laughed as I turned round and noticed my windowsill - I'd had an overnight delivery!!

So we spent a couple of days sightseeing, we went to the zoo (of course) where you could certainly get up close and personal with the giraffes and camels.  Then we ticked off the some of the most popular surf beaches and the Corralejo sand dunes.  We then headed to the Salt Flats for a bit of culture but the best bit of that visit was finally stumbling upon the Chipmunks which have invaded the island.  Escaped from two pets over four decades ago it would be fair to say they have fairly thrived and while you are not encouraged to feed them I did rebel and treat them to some cucumber.


















No comments: