Sunday 20 June 2021

Summer Solstice steps (2)

So, at some point it was logical to count my milage and steps from summer solstice to summer solstice, the reasoning behind it completely escapes me now though!  Anyway, last year I did 1443 miles and 3,330,744 steps outside (riding or walking), this year I worked from home and our only hobby during months of restrictions was the "lockdown walk".  

So this year I did 2064 miles which equated to 4,960,345 steps, my biggest day was actually Christmas day where I did 27,440 steps / 11 miles and my biggest month was April 2021 for 505,806 steps and 215 miles.  I challenged myself to walk at least ten thousand steps a day on the 1st of May 2020 and since then I have missed two days in January and two days in February.  

This has successfully capped the weight gain to the point if I lay on a beach I'd resemble a stranded porpoise, not a Baird's whale (... for the moment)!  Now I have an Apple watch so all my steps will be recorded and there is no excuse for not breaking the five million steps mark over the next twelve months.

No comments: