Saturday 11 March 2023

Keep Moving - Week 10

With a voucher for lunch in Kelso to use we headed back down to the Borders and the Bowmont Forest on Sunday.  Lots of felling and clearing of the Storm Arwen damage was evident but an appetite was worked up!  Monday saw me working a mile from Binning Wood so I had a lunch time hurtle round the perimeter under beautiful blue skies.  Thursday we still had the blue skies and a decent covering of snow so we headed round the by-pass to Bonaly Country Park for the first time, sadly it was bereft of the white stuff and a bit grey but we walked up to Bonaly reservoir and back round Torduff.  Definitely the gateway to some great walks round the Pentlands with views right across the Edinburgh skyline so one to keep on the list for a revisit.  Friday was a quick snowy spin around Duns then to finish the week it was back to the coast on Saturday.  

Having driven along the coast road and not met even one cyclist I was equally surprised to see a near empty Aberlady nature reserve car park, I had a small change of plans and stopped there.  There was not a breath of wind and the sun was blazing down so I headed out to the submarines.  I have a light fear of the sea, so although I had checked the tide times and checked them again I was wary venturing out without another soul in sight!  Having survived and not met any sinking sands in the bay I did a few more miles along the coast to Gullane and headed back through the Nature reserve, an absolutely glorious morning.






















No comments: