Sunday 21 June 2009

Eeeeek.

Well for once I had headed of for an early night last night, and was just finishing a page of my book and reaching to turn of the light when there was the sound of a car outside.  Well for anyone that hasn't been here, we are at the end of a dirt track that leads nowhere, nobody calls in at midnight or happens to be "driving past"!  We leapt out of bed as the car turned and it became obvious it was a police car (and lets face it, thats never a good sign late at night) but it was off back down the drive.  Mark grabbed his pick up and chased it and I thought "well I'm up now, I'll go check the broodmares" in my classy dressing gown and muck boot ensemble. 

So of I went into the dark with my torch and Mark went hurtling off down the drive.  I found the (highly bemused) broodmares and Mark reached the police about the same time.  A car had crashed at the end of our drive, stolen and the driver had absconded off over the fields.  He was known to the police and the impression given was "not a nice bloke..."   Cue Mark hurtling back up the driveway at speed to find me before he did!!!  

1 comment:

Not so sure... said...

Oooh! My mother's done that! Got woke up by a car driving up and down the road (not too uncommon, in fairness) and went to check horses in the oh so glam dressing gown look...
They were coppers and looking for a *very* unpleasant young man!
Don't think mother's ever moved so fast in her life!!!
What is it with coppers and you girls in dressing gowns? LOL!