Friday 19 August 2016

Paris - Part 2

Monday was a more relaxed day heading out of town to Monet's garden and by Tuesday I was clearly perfecting my Parisian look, people were asking me for directions (obviously having not seen me do three laps trying to exit the Metro station) and no one was trying to sell me a bling bling Eiffel Tower anymore.  I walked along the old raised railway line at Bastille, now planted up allowing you to stroll along and watch the world below you.  I did however made the rookie mistake of heading to the Louvre, oh look there is hardly any queue I thought... err no there is a handful of people reading the "we are closed on Tuesdays notice!"  So I had a wee dose of culture at Musee d' Orsay before heading to The Menagerie du Jardin des Plantes.  The second oldest zoo in the world and to be honest it does look pretty dated in places but the animals seemed content enough.












No comments: