Thursday 31 December 2020

2020 Slightly surreal

Most years I have drafted the bare bones of my yearly round up well in advance, I will know which Chamfron horses have been the stars of the show and I will have reflected on what I've achieved and who I am, but not this year.  This has been the most unusual of years, when I did my round up last year we hadn't heard of Covid 19 in the UK yet, no one would have thought that by my birthday in March the whole country would be in lockdown because of it, that we would wear face coverings in the supermarket and that so many would die.  People would follow rules, bend the rules, express the most random of opinions, confuse the hell out of me and we'd all watch Tiger King on Netflix.

I've felt this year has been one of constantly shifting sands, not always Covid related, but there has been positives, I passed my probation at work, bought a house and moved Spider to a different yard where he has settled well.  We've seriously embraced the lockdown walk, I've walked on my own, with Craig, with work mates, with Alpacas (surprisingly awesome), in the sun, in the rain and most recently in the dark admiring the Christmas decorations.  I've seen some brilliant bits of Scotland on my own doorstep.

Although there have been few opportunities to get the Chamfron horses out and about there has been several things to smile about, not least Christine's confidence soaring on Tizona and Milano, who was beautifully produced by Peregrina Stud, being sold to a home that is not just competitive but definitely has the sense of humour I appreciate.  Hopefully they will get a chance to shine in 2021.  Hopefully we all will.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I agree that this year has been surreal. I think you summed up up quite nicely. Lets hope for a better year in '21.