Sunday 25 July 2021

The Haining in the sunshine

Probably a thirty degree shift in temperature from our last visit over six months ago and this time we spotted the statue of Old Ginger, father to the Dandie Dinmont breed.  A plaque had also been placed at the Clootie tree which explains it is a commemoration to those who have died from suicide.  When we were last at the Haining I did a Covid update and I feel I should now as we went to "Level Zero" on Monday in Scotland and England had "Freedom Day" where restrictions on social distancing and wearing masks were lifted there.  The reality is I have not a clue what is going on these days, I think cases are still reasonably high but hospital admissions and deaths are low (due to vaccinations).  I am now double vaccinated, still working from home (but allowed on farm) and still having to wear a mask in shops.










No comments: