Monday 20 June 2022

Summer Solstice steps (3)

My annual tally of effort for the previous twelve months, randomly calculated from the Summer Solstice. Well, we have recently fallen off the walking wagon, conferences and training staying away from home, a job that has me tired but not really walking three days a week and the lethargy of Covid has meant that the last six weeks have been an extremely week effort.  However this year I did manage 2248 miles (walking or occasionally riding) and 4,755,143 steps which is nearly 200 miles more than last year but considerably less steps!  Sadly I did not break the five million barrier. Best day was the 16th August 2021 with 31,434 steps and 14.5 miles (Ben Nevis, all done before lunchtime!) and the best month was July 2021 for a total of 517,439 steps and 245 miles.  I cannot imagine I can improve on this total over the next twelve months so there will have to be different targets, a bigger daily total is certainly do-able. 

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

I've never counted steps like that but you surely have been very active and more than most.

I hike every day except of course in extreme conditions.
Good for you!