Saturday 29 April 2023

Keep Moving - Week 17

On Sunday I did just about six and a half miles along the old railway line from Eskbank to Roswell and back along the Pittendreich burn.  Maybe I am remembering through rose coloured glasses but I have teenage memories of keeping ponies out this way and it not being housing estates as far as the eye could see.  Not long before I rest on a stick, chew a blade of grass and mutter ‘I can remember when all this was fields’!  Mind you don't find handy ice cream vans out in the wilds...  Away with work all week, honestly I could of got up and stomped the streets of Perth early doors but I didn't.  Friday I met Nicola for a quick spin around the Humbie woods with joyfully bouncing collies, then later I stopped at Bolton Kirk which is where the mother, brother and sister of Robert Burns are buried.  Saturday was a pre hair cut Melrose mooch, a trip to the trail camera and a wander up to see the ELPA 40th anniversary year tractor road run coming back to base.









No comments: