Saturday 13 January 2024

Keep Moving - Week 2

Another arena trip on Sunday as the tracks were slippy.  We had tickets for Craigmillar Castle as part of Historic Environment Scotland's free Sundays but we were already running a little late when we drove past and the very limited parking was full, the option was parking in Niddrie and walking up which was a little unappealing!  The very exciting part of this outing was spotting my (recently sold) Ignis speeding along the by-pass!  Back at work this week and I only managed a couple of railway line walks and taking the boys up to the farrier on Wednesday.

On Saturday we headed through to Glasgow to pick up Craig's new truck and has he sped home I decided to get my steps in Pollock Country Park.  I had a quick wander around the Burrell Collection and then did nearly five miles around the woodland tracks.  In 2007, Pollok Country Park was named Britain's Best Park and in 2008 it was named the Best Park in Europe, it isn't one on my list to repeat though I am sure it is impressive when the gardens and the rhododendrons are flowering. 






No comments: