Sunday 22 December 2019

Winter Solstice

Constantly changing light on the hills above Gala this week, I think I am very lucky to have a job where I see so much daylight even in the depths of winter.  I saw this lovely Brambly Hedge quote on Instagram “When the days are the shortest, the nights are the coldest... The frost is the sharpest, the year is the oldest... The sun is the weakest, the wind is the hardest... The snow is the deepest, the skies are the darkest... Then polish your whiskers and tidy your nest, and dress in your richest and finest and best... For Winter has brought you the worst it can bring, and now it will give you the promise of Spring!!” - Today is the winter solstice, my nest (and oh my god, the car) definitely need a good tidy and the less said about my whiskers the better but as of tomorrow the days start getting longer.






No comments: