Friday 21 July 2023

Cruelty case - Edmund and Rosena Edge

Well this is not turning out a sparkling month for Chamfrons... I was scrolling through Facebook and saw a Horse and Hound article about a cruelty case, the photo of an emaciated stallion made me think "why is it always a bloody Appaloosa breeder" and as I clicked my heart sunk.  

I sold Morello and Hanami to Edmund and Rosena Edge in 2014, Morello would be shown twice as a yearling but Hanami never seemed to get an outing despite them describing her as "the best Appaloosa they'd ever had."  They were a couple who had been in the heart of the horse community, shown extensively and rescued hill ponies from the meat man but I did have my concerns that they had too many horses and nothing very much seemed to be getting done with them.  As the years went on, there was no updates on my pair and they certainly didn't appear under saddle.  The Facebook statuses on their relationship would be alarming, I suspect copious amounts of alcohol were involved at times and a few years ago I unfriended them bored of the drama.  That said at the time I didn't doubt their commitment to the care of their horses, often at the expense of their own health.

They have both been convicted of cruelty, given a suspended sentence and banned from keeping horses for ten years.  Morello is definitely one of the horses involved as he appears in the newspaper articles in a disgusting state as "number 2" - number 1 did not survive.  

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Oh MY!

No words.