Saturday 24 February 2024

Keep Moving - Week 8

Sunday was another almost spring like day, the boys did a five mile hack together in the morning and I had Gosford estate to myself for a few more miles on foot in the afternoon.  Monday I timed another 5km "run" (that's the loosest definition of the word!)  The last quarter was up a very muddy slippy track but a slightly improved time of just under 44 mins (I need to get faster before I run out of excuses!). Tuesday I did a four and a half miles walk along the railway line from Haddington to Longniddry, I do it once a year to remind me it is the most soulless boring walk in East Lothian.  Walk up to the main yard for the farrier on Wednesday and a quick hack for Spider on Thursday. 

Saturday we had a short stroll at Polkemmet before my first lesson with Lorraine at Equine Translation Team, hugely interesting, the hour flew past and I can already see big differences in the before and after photo.  Will definitely be going back as I think it will take a while for me to convert my bad habits into less slobby riding on the real versions.  Managed another 5km run, still over dressed, still blowing my nose every thirty seconds and quite a flattering route as probably more downhill than not but sub forty - 38.18.







No comments: