Saturday 30 March 2024

Keep Moving - Week 13

Another Sunday hack out, Spider had his first canter in company in years and was actually quite jolly.  Weather depressingly awful at the start of the week (again) but we dragged ourselves out to Figgate Park for a (near as damn it) 5k jog on Tuesday.  Figgate park is a park run venue and local knowledge tells me it is one of the easiest, I might consider it at some point.  I felt I was making good time and ground to a halt immediately Craig's phone muttered "target achieved" - however my phone disagreed and as I was 32 metres short I didn't get a 5km time.  

Thursday I went for a second lesson with Lorraine at Equine translation, clarified a few things that I realised I hadn't quite "got" once I was on a real horse and then I moved on to the second of the equine simulators.  This one works in canter but you generate the movement yourself, it rewards you by giving you a bigger movement when you are correct.  Trip to the arena on Friday to try and put it in practice on Spider, the Cancan line is coming along nicely too!  Saturday night Spider hacked, following the bike, his favourite thing!









No comments: